Learn more about RTA’s Management and Investment Process or view our properties.
Proven Investment Strategy
- RTA’s strong return performance has been the result of a successfully executed investment strategy, historically driven by Value‐Add opportunities. RTA believes the key is to “buy right” coupled with value maximization achieved through an:
- efficient and expedient renovation process
- aggressive leasing strategy
- intensive hands‐on management team implementing strategic changes to add value.
- RTA will continue to apply these concepts as its platform expands to include Core‐Plus investment.
- RTA uses a highly proactive and disciplined investment approach. Markets with favorable demand characteristics such as job and population growth and demographic shifts are pursued. In addition, markets with supply constraints receive more favorable underwriting. Markets with signs of oversupply are carefully watched and timing to enter or exit is closely monitored.
- RTA’s acquisition leads are the result of relationships built in the target markets over many years, which helps us gain access to investment opportunities due to RTA’s credibility as an active buyer. Potential investments are selected and screened using a rigorous set of criteria and RTA’s own proprietary model, based upon the operating performance history of the local market and the experience gained from our previous and current properties in these markets. Value is set in order to achieve predetermined IRR and Cash‐on‐Cash return hurdles that will allow the property to produce day‐one distributions
Significant Access to Deal Flow
- Prior to RTA’s formation, the team perfected their skills in acquisitions, leasing, financing, recapitalization and disposition of commercial assets. RTA, through its former relationship with FPA, has established long‐term relationships with principals and the brokerage community in all markets it seeks to acquire assets. These relationships have developed through more than two decades of transaction activity and provide unparalleled access to product. We have positioned ourselves as the buyer of choice.
- RTA has developed an experienced team of real estate professionals with backgrounds in acquisitions, finance, institutional asset management, property management, brokerage, development and construction; all focused and economically incentivized to execute property specific business plans.
- Asset management is a collaborative process at RTA. Senior asset management and senior property management hold monthly meetings to assess goals and operational results, as well as to review strategies for capitalization and dispositions. We believe that real estate markets and capital markets are dynamic and must be reviewed in light of property performance on a regular basis by senior management to maximize beneficial decision making for each asset. Dedicated asset managers and leasing managers visit every property on a quarterly basis. Regional property managers visit their portfolio on a monthly basis, while local managers visit their properties weekly or have on‐site offices.